Bursary Assistance Program (CLOSED for the 2022 year)
Kanata Legion Branch 638 Bursaries
The Bursary Program is designed to assist students entering or continuing their post-secondary education, including courses and programs of a technical and vocational nature, outside of and beyond secondary school. Approved bursary assistance is not based upon scholastic standing but rather on the successful admission status to a post secondary institution or successful completion of one or more years leading to a recognized degree, diploma or certificate.
Students applying for assistance may be granted a bursary based on documented need at a rate determined by the Branch Bursary Committee.
Indentured apprentices may apply for assistance for the purchase of tools and instruments.
Eligibility: Bursaries may be granted to children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of any of the listed below.
1. Any person who is serving or who has honorably served in the Canadian Armed Forces;
2. Merchant Navy personnel who are eligible for and who have been awarded campaign stars or decorations, and their dependents who are in need of assistance;
3. Ex-service personnel of commonwealth countries, other than Canada and of allied countries, resident in Canada;
4. Applicants who have graduated from or reside in the Kanata Area are given priority in the application process. Consideration is given to students who do not reside in the Kanata area, on the condition that funding is available;
5. Applicants must also commit to participating in our Poppy Campaign and volunteer for a two hour shift. If you are unable to participate then you can have someone substitute on your behalf. The Campaign runs from the last Friday of October to November 10th of each year.
Application: Applications must be returned to the Legion no later than June 1st, 2022 for the upcoming calendar year (September to August).
The Royal Canadian Legion
Kanata Branch 638
70 Hines Road
Phone: (613) 591-5570
For an application, please download directly by clicking here.